DK's 2021-22 Season
We are putting together an exciting new season of contemporary dance for you, with lots of new choreography and several surprises. The full season will be announced by July 2021. Performances will be in September 2021, and January, March and May of 2022.
Here are some details we are able to share with you now:
- Our May 2022 show will include live music from pianist Drew Petersen and the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra, featuring new choreography, as well as a couple of audience favorites.
- Our September show will feature a piece by Chicago choreographer Brock Clawson. Audiences have loved the other pieces Brock has set on the DK company dancers in past seasons, so we look forward to offering one of his pieces that's never been seen in Indianapolis.
- In March, choreographer Lalah Ayan will create a new piece for the DK company dancers. Lalah currently lives in Philadelphia and is the neice of Indianapolis choreographer Nicholas A. Owens.
- Also in March, The Phoenix Rising Dance Company will perform one of their pieces in our show. Their Artistic Director, Justin Sears-Watson, was a DK company dancer and has since been directing his own company here in Indianapolis.
- We are hoping to be able to invite you back to the theater next season, but we will continue to follow health regulations.
- We are looking into the possibility of continuing to film our performances to be streamed, even if we are also able to have in-person shows.