DK's 2021-22 Season
We can't wait to welcome you back into the theater! We have an outstanding season of contemporary dance for you to experience, with lots of new choreography and several surprises.
Breaking the Surface
September 16 - 19 at Indiana Repertory Theatre
This dynamic in-person show will feature:
- Chairman Dances with music by John Adams, choreography by David Hochoy
- Sneaky Pete, a piece by Chicago choreographer Brock Clawson
- A new piece with music by Michael Bublé, choreography by Stuart Coleman and David Hochoy
January 6-9 at Indiana Repertory Theatre
Ways to think about love. Truly exciting, DK will present two versions of Romeo and Juliet. First, choreographer David Hochoy's nonlinear telling of R&J using Tchaikovsky's luscious music. Next, choreographer Stuart Coleman will present a brand new, contemporary retelling that adds twists to this cherished love story with original music.
Edge of Innovation
March 3 - 6 at Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Phoenix Rising Dance Company will perform one of their pieces in our show. Their Artistic Director, Justin Sears-Watson, was a DK company dancer and has since been directing his own company here in Indianapolis.
- Choreographer Lalah Ayan will create a new piece for the DK company dancers. Lalah currently lives in Indianapolis and is the niece of choreographer Nicholas A. Owens. She has danced with Deeply Rooted Dance Theater and Philadanco.
- iconoGlass, with music by Phillip Glass, choreography by David Hochoy
May 20-22 at the Schrott Center for the Arts
Our May 2022 show will include live music from pianist Drew Petersen and the Indianapolis Chamber Orchestra, featuring new choreography, as well as a couple of audience favorites.
- Ravel Piano Concerto with Drew Petersen, new choreography by David Hochoy
- Candide Overture with music by Bernstein, choreography by David Hochoy
- Orawa with music by Kilar, new choreography by David Hochoy
- Brahms Haydn Variations, choreography by David Hochoy